Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dark Skin in Whyville- new popularity?


Hey, so this is my first attempt at a post on cool news and ponderings about Whyville happenings. We recently finished a paper on race and avatar design in Whvyille, and I can't help but notice some neat looks that kids have designed. I've recently noticed a lot more cornrows on dark skinned faces on Whyville, like this one above. A new trend?

*Plus*, I have to say that my "rich brown head" on Whyville (one of only two face parts that I sell) is very popular, or at least seems to be. I think I've sold over 20 of those heads in the past month. Is this a sign, as some kids have hoped for in their Whyville newspaper writings, that peach skin might not be as dominant as before? I'm trying to get a cool looking matching skin body approved too, but no luck so far.

1 comment:

  1. A small addition: I now have two heads being sold on Whyville and they're both doing very well. A darker "rich brown head" and a lighter "cream brown head". My body hasn't been passed yet ...

    ReplyDelete