Monday, March 26, 2007

Real Car, Virtual Car - Same ANNOYANCE!


This week there was a curious synergy of car problems - both with my real car that I drive to school and such and with my virtual car that I drive around on Whyville. My real car needed a renewed registration - a 3-month long hassle of DMV letters that never arrived, checks sent that were sent back, and finally a last-resort visit to the DMV. My virtual Scion (a limited edition winter scion - see picture with me in my new fedora posing suavely next to it) had a similar barrage of problems this past week as well. Trying to be on top of my Whyville banking, I had paid my weekly car payment early (I owe 1086 clams a week through April) but unfortunately Whyville's server had a bug in it and while the money was deducted, they didn't "see" the payment. This resulted in my receiving a letter about a LATE PAYMENT!

Now, I am doing all right for myself on Whyville, with three accounts now, and one beautiful head selling pretty well, but I can't make two car payments in a week, so I quickly ymailed a City worker who ymailed back and told me to EMAIL City Hall, from whom I recently got an email saying they were investigating it. But meanshile, they've already deducted the extra 1086 clams from my account, as soon as the money had been earned (they watch the bank account carefully, I guess).

I guess virtual cars can be frustrating too, but I wasn't expecting virtual ownership to be such a pill!

Debbie/Oriahsiri

4 comments:

  1. Well, there goes the escapism aspect of your motivation to play... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, today I got an email from City Hall saying that my extra payment was refunded. Hooray! I guess City Hall beats the DMV by a power of 30 or so. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virtual reality helps people to take part in situations which they normally cannot be a part of....

    Audi lease & bmw lease

    ReplyDelete